Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Today, I woke up running late for my 8:00 a.m. class, as usual. When I stepped outside, I found it shockingly cold. I later learned it was approximately 19 degrees outside, which is quite colder than I've been accustomed to with this warm winter. I'm guessing this warm weather was due to the shift in the jet stream. In addition, the cloud cover was an astonishing 0%. On a somewhat related note, the halo around the moon last night was incredible. Anyways, I am not quite sure what caused this lack of cloud clover. At first I incorrectly attributed it to a low pressure system, but I dismissed that notion after consulting a surface map on Accuweather. Since there does not appear to be any fronts coming in as I'm typing this ( at 9:30 p.m.), I'm guessing tomorrow's conditions will be very similar to today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment