Monday, February 27, 2012

Current Conditions
Temperature: 22
Wind: ESE at 3 mph
Dew Point: 16
Humidity: 73%

Just bracing for the impending snowpocolypse . . . or so I thought. Unfortunately, it's looking more and more like we'll only get a minimal amount of snow.  I know I'm supposed to be making these assumptions by myself, but I couldn't help but look at the weather forecasts, which are now only calling for 1-3 inches. But one can hope, I guess. Unlike yesterday, the clouds cleared up in the early morning as the high pressure system moved in.


US: Current Weather

 


With the above maps, you can see why many were bracing for a severe winter storm. The combination of extremely moist air and low pressures over the rocky mountains caused much excitement in the local weather community. It will be interesting to see how this weather develops in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment