Thursday, February 23, 2012

Current Conditions
Temperature: 31 F
Wind: N at 6 mph
Dew Point: 22 F
Humidity: 67%

Well, I was kind of hoping for some snow today, but obviously that didn't happen. As Joe mentioned in his weather briefing, the snow storm drifted to the south of Wisconsin. I don't foresee any snow for tomorrow, either. The doppler radar is not showing any stow storms in the near area. Currently, wisconsin lies in the middle of two low-pressure systems, which is responsible for the cloudy weather. I do not foresee and severe weather within the near future, as their seems to be little opportunity for convection.


Midwest US Current Weather


The Skew T Plot shown below reinforces my prediction for mild weather, for it indicates very stable conditions in the state.

Green Bay WI (GRB-72645) - Current

Judging by the Jet Stream, I would say that there is a small chance of snowfall within the next few days, but I do not think we will get as much as I previously anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment